In June 2014, I was asked by Google to go to their offices and talk about the ideas of the Curve to a room full of etailers. It was part of an afternoon when Google pointed out that ecommerce providers in the UK have three times as many page views as every newspaper and magazine […]
The Curve in 15 minutes
The trade association for events organisers asked me to speak at their annual conference in Montreux in January.
I gave them a Flashpoint, a 15 minute introduction to the Curve using Kickstarter, videogames, evolutionary biology, some spreadsheets and the Australian bower bird.
It’s a rapid intro into a new way of thinking about business, […]
Why doesn’t MTV play music videos anymore?
In amongst the comedy, the F-bombs and the posturing is an interesting analysis of music industry economics, changing demographics and what MTV has to do to survive.
In just three minutes. Watch it.
About The Curve
The Curve will tell you how to use the web to give stuff away from free, to build relationships with your biggest fans and to charge them lots of money for things they value.
It will be published by Penguin in late 2013.
- How etailers can take advantage of the Curve, and make money when everything is going free.
- The Curve in 15 minutes
- ‘Sorry, Martin Mills, the future of music is through innovation, not government protection’
- If Amazon cared about selling hardware, ebooks would already be free
- 3D printing will help us colonise the moon
- GAMESbrief - a guide to the business of games, especially free-to-play
- My personal website